Sunday, August 28, 2011

THE WALL

As I walk around Keene, NH, where I now live, I see so many wonderful stone walls. This is the Granite State, after all! I can see where using stone walls as art inspiration will become a mission.

In the meantime, I am trying to do my Distant Stitch course. Therefore I was looking for a wall which is somewhat close to my home and studio. And something interesting: Color, shapes, etc.
This is a public wall; a boundary for a cemetery.


While this is not the best wall in New Hampshire, I can think of many interesting ones in Fitzwilliam, Peterborough, etc. I like this wall. I like its composition. I really like the texture of the stones. My guess is that this wall dates to the 1800's.

In the last week, I have visited this wall four times. Each time I become more attached to it. Now to progress to the drawings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment